this is my mom's friend's friend's recipe
send me an email at
hello [at] isthisnagee [dot] com with
pictures or comments!
|Item||By weight||By baker's percentage||By volume|
|Warm Water||210g||49%||1 cup|
|Neutral oil||47g||11%||1/4 cup|
|Active-dry Yeast||10g||2%||2.5 teaspoons|
- Mix water, sugar, yeast, and oil. Let sit for a few minutes
- Combine flour and salt in a bowl, and whisk to combine
- Add the yeast mixture into the flour, knead in a stand mixer (or by hand), until it forms a smooth ball
- Split into 80g balls. The recipe as stated makes around 9 pitas
- Form each into a ball. Let rest until the balls double, around 30 minutes, or until doubled in size
- Using a rolling pin, flatten each ball. Let sit for around 30 minutes
- Put your oven on the highest broil setting
- Brown one side on a skillet over medium heat, then transfer to the oven.