I'll get some measurements soon, but this is really by eye. If you can handle the heat, feel free to taste and adjust the salt and acidity.
- Spicy peppers (if you have green peppers, wait until they redden). We use bird's eye chili peppers.
- 1 part
- 1/2 lemon per pound of peppers?
- 1/2 clove per pound of peppers?
- 1% of the weight of peppers?
- Olive oil
- 1 tbsp per pound of peppers?
Note: feel free to use vinegar instead of lemons.
- Dry the peppers for a few days. You don't want them to be too fresh
- Grind the peppers, garlic, and lemons (peel and all). You can also grind it twice to get a smoother texture.
- Mix in the salt and olive oil
- Jar the mixtures. Cover with olive oil.
There are a lot of ways you can grind this. A meat grinder works well, but you can also use a food processor. If you only have a mortar and pestle, omit the lemons when grinding, and add vinegar when you add the olive oil and salt.